Using Intrusive Advising Without Intruding
Quint Geis, a recent graduate student in Educational Administration, worked with the Center for People in Need to update a resource guide for people in the Lincoln/ Lancaster County area who are experiencing homelessness. Quint's thesis centered around college student homelessness. As a way to ensure advisors are equipped with the tools needed to assist students experiencing homelessness, the following resource guide is available.
- Staff Advising Resources
- Student Assistance Resources
- Professional Development and Best Practices Workshops
Staff Advising Resources
- MyPLAN Resources
- Adviser Wiki - This website allows advisers to get information pertaining to advising training as well as NSE-pertinent information.
- First Year Experience and Transition Programs- Information on resources available to all students provided from the FYE&T Office
- Achievement Centered Education- Information on ACE assessment, prooposal process, and course lists for each semester
- Transfer Equivalencies Page- This link will allow you to see the transfer equivalencies for c ourses from other institutions.
- Transfer Credit Evaluation Legend- This link provides the legend that advisers can use to understand the way credit is marked within a Credit Hours Presented for Transfer Evaluation (CHP).
- Guidelines and Resources for Evaluating Transfer Credit- This link provides information and resources related to evaluating transfer credit such as: determining which form to use in what situations and links to the appropriate forms.
- Career Services Explore Page- This link provides many resources including an overview of what UNL graduates are doing after graduating from UNL and resources to help students such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook and more.
- English Course Description Booklet
- Explore Center- The Explore Center is an advising center that provides advising for pre-professional and undecided students. Visit this website for information on pre-professional programs and information.
- Registrar's Academic Services Handbook- This handbook provides information pertaining to campus-wide academic policies and procedures.
- Academic Recovery Plan Action Items
- Counseling and School Psychology Clinic- This counseling clinic is a training clinic for graduate students in the Counseling Psychology and School Psychology programs. Counseling services are free to students.
Student Assistance Resources
- Student Resource Guide for MyPLAN
- UNL resource Page for Current Students- This is the official university page that provides resources for current students.
- GPA Calculator- This GPA Calculator was developed in the College of Business Administration and provides a quick unofficial GPA calculation using UNL's grading scale.
- Resource Guide for College Students Experienceing Homelessness (provided by Quint Geis)
- Transfer Student Resources
- First Year Experience and Transition Programs
- Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services
- Advising for Student-Athletes - This link provides information on academic support offered within the Athletics Department for student-athletes.
- Honors Student advising- This link provides information on advising services provided for Honors Ssudents, which is located in 2100 Neihardt Hall.
- Howtostudy.org- a website with a variety of resources to help students with academics
- The Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) website : Resource for healthcare and mental health resources for veterans.